- The eye needs post-operative treatment with eye drops in accordance with the regimen prescribed by the docto
- Complaints suggestive of dry eye might occur (rubbing or pricking sensation, watery eyes). It is necessary to use artificial tears (1 drop 3-5 times a day) regularly for 2-3 months after surgery. Artificial tears are available from pharmacies without a prescription.
- Allow at least 10 minutes between administering two drops.
- Duration of sick leave after surgery is individual and depends on the patient’s profession.
- You may not drive a car on the day of the operation.
- Visiting the sauna, swimming in a pool, pressing on the eyes and lifting loads (over 15 kg) are prohibited for three weeks after the operation.
- The intraocular lens will be placed into the eye and does not need any special care afterwards.
- If eye pain develops or vision worsens suddenly within one month of the surgery, you should turn to an emergency eye doctor.
Important information for the patient