On the day of the surgery, artificial tears (Systane) must be instilled into the eye(s) according to the doctor’s instructions once every hour until going to bed. The eye drops must be applied by touching only the lower eyelid with a finger and dripping the medication into the eye so that at least one drop is instilled into the eye. Touching the eye(s), which have undergone surgery must also be avoided. It is not recommended to read, work on the computer or drive on the day of the surgery. After the surgery it is highly recommended to protect your eyes against bright light and dust going in the eyes with sunglasses.
From the first postoperative day for 7 days:
- Tobradex eye drops 4 times a day. NB! Shake the bottle before administering the eye drops!
- Artificial tears must be applied intermittently with anti-inflammatory eye drops at least 5 times a day.
- It is not allowed to rub the eyes and it is recommended not to use make-up (including facial cream) for 5 days after the surgery.
From the second postoperative week:
- Artificial tears must be applied at least 5 times a day – or more, if necessary.
- You can stop using anti-inflammatory eye drops, unless prescribed otherwise by the ophthalmologist.
- Artificial tears must be used during the first month and in the event of the occurrence of the dry eye syndrome, you can start using artificial tears with a longer effect, such as Oftagel (available without prescription).
After the surgery, it is not allowed to:
- Go to the high-temperature sauna for one month;
- Swim in a swimming-pool water containing chlorine for at least 3 weeks after the surgery;
- Use make-up for 5 days after the surgery and visit a cosmetician for at least 3 weeks after the surgery;
- Do exercises involving maximum physical strain in the 1st week, aerobics are allowed (keep sweat out of your eyes).
- Direct blows into the eye must be avoided (protective glasses must be worn when playing contact sports, ball games).
- It is not allowed to visit a tanning bed within 3 weeks, after that, artificial tears must be applied into the eye before the procedure.
- In case of questions, please call the registration of Silmalaser: (+372) 602 5380 or send an e-mail message to: email@example.com