Silmalaser eye clinic uses fourth generation or the newest generation laser WaveLight. The features of the laser make it the best in Estonia as well as one of the best in the world. The new laser helps to recover the vision of the people with very large negative or positive refractive errors or astigmatism. Laser treatment is based on reshaping the curvature of the cornea by etching the tissue, thus eliminating short-sightedness, long-sightedness and/or astigmatism. Precise identification of the area to be removed and the accuracy and speed of the operation of the laser beam are the features of the machine that determine the achievement of accurate results.
The diameter of the laser beam of the new generation WaveLight laser is several times smaller than that of other machines (just 0.68 mm FWHM) and its operating speed is faster, enabling to achieve the most accurate result at minimum energy consumption:
- The fastest treatment time thanks to the shorter duration of contact with ambient air minimises the risk of infection and ensures faster recovery of the eye due to the smaller irritation to the eye and lower loss of moisture.
- The micrometer with an objectivised calibration system works on the surface layer of the eye with the precision of 1.5 microns and ensures the maximum accuracy of results even in case of patients with severe astigmatism.
- The model is equipped with optimised heat emission and prevents the overheating of the surface of the eye and facilitates the quicker recovery of vision.
- The course of the surgery is steered by a modern computer system, which ensures accurate results even in case of the potential movement of the eye.
- Vision remains perfect even at night.